LUCY LAWLESS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LUCY LAWLESS

LUCY LAWLESS

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 Électhor-ex : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

message de lucy

2 participants
AuteurMessage
lucy lawless
Admin
Admin
lucy lawless

message de lucy Empty
MessageSujet: message de lucy   message de lucy Icon_minitimeSam 5 Avr - 3:33

Hello, Babies!!!

Thanks so much for coming to the Party!! I had a wonderful weekend with everyone who came to LA. Man, I wish that I had more time to finesse that set; get rid of some songs and pump up the end. That's always the way when you have an extra short run.

Next time, I have some cool ideas. Someone backstage at the con suggested that I do Meredith Brooks “I'm a Bitch.” Funnily enough, that was a song that my friend, Da, suggested, but, two days out from the show, there was no time to get an arrangement done and rehearse. Bummer!! Plus, I was a bit fluey and was already snowed with getting things together for the Roxy. But I promise not to forget that one.

Marissa thanks you for the warm reception, too. She was supposed to be one of my backing vocalists but life intervened and she had to go out of town on family business. But she was a great sport and managed to charm the audience in the “Friend Off,” which is where a so-called best friend of mine goes up against a fan to see who knows me best. Naturally, the fan always wins, since my friends have no interest in my former life or career. And, truly, I am fine with that. With fans like you . . . !

I want to thank Mr. Michael Orland, my Musical Director and friend, who helped pull that show together out of thin air. We first met on the 5th of January, without a clue where we were going to start. It all came together with a minimum of fuss. The band members he found were real virtuosos and so quirky. Lynn Keller was the little devil on the bass, (everyone loved her leathers!), and Candy Girard was the angel on the fiddle. I loved how she jumped in as the romantic violin during the “candle-lit meal.”

Slammin' Sammy K. kept us all in line with drums and brought along some extra percussion to give texture to other songs. Ted Perlman was my Guitar Hero. I loved everything you did, Ted, and am especially grateful for bringing life to “Wide Awake” which demands real virtuosity. That is one hell of a number. My leading ladies –- Terry Wood and Peggi Blu! I love your voices and your generosity of spirit. You girls came to the party and really helped dish back some of the love that my fans bring to each and every show. I have the greatest fans in the world and I never want to let them down. My thanks to all the band for showing my gang a good time.

Of course, there are a few other people that made the evening unique. Renee burst out in song in the middle of “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.” I had asked her to dance to “Kiss You All Over” and she said, “Lucy, that’s just weird.” Impeccable taste.

Kit-Cat Crimins is the greatest MC in the world and also embodies the spirit of the Roxy experience. She and the inimitable Tig Notaro really round out a great evening. Tig is becoming quite the comedy star nowadays. I am just crazy about her. I only regret that I cannot be out front watching her. So much of her act is visual – you kind of have to see it to believe it. It’s torture standing backstage lstening to her act.

Thanks to Gary and Adam of Creation for rolling out the carpet for us all. It wouldn’t have happened without your support. To Sharon and all the Creation team, thanks for bringing me together with the fans. You can’t please all the people all the time, but I know that is always your aim and you do a great job.

Most of all, thank you to you, the fans who came from all over the
world. You may have been the single greatest support network the striking Hollywood writers had and, by golly, you might have helped resolve the issue, too! Blessings on you always.
You are the greatest!
Love,
LL

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://lucylawless.1fr1.net
lucy lawless
Admin
Admin
lucy lawless

message de lucy Empty
MessageSujet: message de lucy   message de lucy Icon_minitimeSam 5 Avr - 3:34

Wow! I had a fascinating week. For some reason, NBC-Uni (Sci-fi Channel), wanted me to be part of a panel on “How has sci-fi impacted technology and vice-versa?”

The panel included Neal Stephenson (writer of The Diamond Age and other novels), Walt Mossberg (Techno-guru for The Wall Street Journal) and Dean Kamen, scientist and inventor of diverse "gizmos," (to use his word) such as bionic arms for Iraq vets, heart stents, portable dialysis machines, the Segway, all-terrain wheelchairs that go up stairs and about 436 other patented inventions.

Neal said he was glad I was there so that the panel didn't look like Mount Rushmore, but they couldn't have been more fascinating. I got to know Neal, who is a huge BSG fan, and Dean, who is not, over dinner. Walt was not yet in town.

Dean has sent machines that run off cowshit to Bangladesh to power villages and that distill 1000 liters of water per day, to produce potable H2O out of any goop available. Now you know I have a soft spot for Bangladesh, having visited there a few years ago with World Vision. I have seen firsthand the horrifying effects of arsenic-tainted water that rises up every year with the monsoons. It causes ghastly birth defects, children with double-yolker eyes (sorry, but that's what it looks like!), or legs like a chimp. The fact that this technology is available and yet not attainable is a bloody crime.

Dean and his colleagues are not interested in bureaucracy and excuses. They tend to make things happen and let protocol-bound organisations drag their arses to the table when they can no longer ignore the demands of the people.

He has got me signed up for F.I.R.S.T, his initiative to get more kids involved in engineering and science. It's kind of like the robot olympics and any kids or school can participate and be mentored by experts. It's a golden opportunity to blow a kid's boundaries sky-high. F.I.R.S.T. is very interested in getting more minorities and girls involved. I guess careers in these fields are not presented as being exciting or important. Of course, a starring role on Girls Gone Wild is guaranteed to land you your own reality show! When you meet someone like Dean, you realise that science and invention are the most important tools we have for saving our planet. You can't help loving this guy when you meet him.

Now I am in a whirlwind of Roxy show prep. How to throw you guys a great party?

I've spent my whole life running from country music (despite the fact that Cowboys are my Weakness). I always thought it was too easy, too hokey, too . . . white.

Well, I finally fessed up that I am a white girl and the fact that it seems easy to me is a sign that that is what suits me. Anyway, you've got a heapin' helpin' of Cowgirl Action.

So! I have ordered a new set of Chaps from a special workshop in Utah, where I spent Xmas. Remember Kat Crimins, my MC last year in that red gown that was open to the navel? She was a very handsome debutante! This year I intend to get her in long gloves and something Jessica Rabbit.

As for you, my friend, CLOTHING IS OPTIONAL!! As long as it is Western wear or evening gowns.

You KNOW I am not kidding around here. This is going to be a crazy costume party.

Come prepared!

Love to love ya, Babies!

L
https://lucylawless.1fr1.net
xenaline

xenaline

Localisation : Dans les nuages, d'ici je vois tout y compris Lucy et Reneé

message de lucy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: message de lucy   message de lucy Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc - 15:52

Quelqu’ un peut-il traduire pour ceux qui ne parle pas anglais SVP
Contenu sponsorisé

message de lucy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: message de lucy   message de lucy Icon_minitime

message de lucy
Page 1 sur 1